IT function of any major organization has to answer a slew of questions from management pertaining to IT capacity and performance risk. Since these questions are a part of well established management process, the IT will be well served to be equipped to answer these questions in a repeated and automated way.
This is further compounded by the fact that today’s organizations manage immense amount of data through physical servers and virtual machines, and this data is sourced from servers via various tools like BMC, HP OpenView, CMDB and its service desk. And since data from one tool is very difficult to be used by another tool, correlation of data for capacity and performance risk analysis is very challenging indeed.
BenchTech in association with TeamQuest deliver the benefits of an automated and standardized capacity management process seamlessly using data available from any/all of the existing infrastructure and application management solutions. This is done by employing Performance Surveyor from TeamQuest.
Performance Surveyor is a web-based, agentless and data-agnostic solution that quickly and automatically turns your existing data into actionable intelligence for performance and capacity related decision support.
With immediate ROI and value by automating, accelerating and amplifying performance analysis and capacity management processes and deliverables – using existing IT management tools and data, Surveyor delivers capacity management across entire IT infrastructure
Here are some immediate and long term benefits of Capacity Management:
- Get more out of existing IT resources and improve IT cost per service unit positions
- Fine tune applications and infrastructure components to improve performance, reduce consumption, and delay upgrades
- Eliminate redundant work and ensure consistent reporting
- Efficiently provision capacity
- Provide timely capacity and related cost information for more informed business decisions
- Provide more complete input to TCO of proposed new and/or major IT-related upgrades or initiatives
- Project consumption at future growth levels and uncover bottlenecks with sufficient warning to correct before business services are adversely affected